Why you may need it
- Do you know the critical failure points of your system?
- Is your system availability lower than you expected or require?
- Do you have significant performance issues that are reducing your output?
The objective of a RAM study is to identify potential causes of production losses or issues that can reduce availability. A RAM model can be used to identify improvements to the design or maintenance regime that enables increased availability.
A RAM study (supported by a Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis, FMECA), can be conducted during the design of an asset or at any stage of its service life.
The benefits of doing
- Identifies vulnerabilities affecting operational availability
- Quantifies equipment and associated maintenance activities that dominate downtime
- Optimises system design and configuration
- Defines levels of redundancy
- Aids component selection and maintenance strategies
- Provides confidence to meet operational goals
- Supports wider decision making
How Crystalise can help you
We have a team of experts ready to implement or support your RAM modelling requirements based on industry best practices and hands-on equipment experience.